JOB DESCRIPTION FOR
RECYCLING AND COLLECTION SITE
1. This is a part time position, 2 days a week, Saturday and Wednesday.
2. Keep the collection site picked up of all papers and debris
3. Open and close the collection site at the posted times for summer and winter.
4. Treat all Village and Town residents with respect and courtesy
5. No swearing or abusive language.
6. If you cannot make it to work notify Dan Folan as soon as possible.
7. There is no digging in the dumpsters.
8. If there is something in the dumpster that does not belong there and it can be taken out with the hook, do so.
9. If you suspect someone is not a resident of the Township or Village or is a land owner, ask them where they live. Remember to be polite.
If you do not receive a satisfactory answer get their name if possible and /or license number of the vehicle.
Report this to Dan as soon as possible.
10. You do not have to sort the recyclables for the people. Just guide them.
If the caps are not removed ask them to remove them and then give them a recycling brochure.
11. Tell the people if we are not accepting metals , appliances or tires they have to take them back home.
We do not store any items at the collection site.
12. If assistance is needed help the people and be courtesy
13. Pick up the residences garbage at Sunset Manor, every Saturday before opening the collection site.
Click to download the application. Please fill out the application and send to the Village of Almond.